Welcome to The Rotary Club of Mossman
Find out about Rotary in your Community – and the World
Rotary does all of these good deeds … and more
- Rotary creates approved Overseas Projects
- Gives clean and continuous Water Supplies
- Protects Islanders from Malaria and reduces death rate
- Conducts Literacy programs
- Teaches communities vocational skills and helps them be self sufficient
- Builds Libraries, Houses, Warehouses, Schools
- Gives Medical Assistance
A FREE INTRODUCTION TO MVP
from Mossman Rotary in partnership with Mossman High School.
The presentation by Dr. Shannon Murdoch is about coming to terms with the awareness and prevention of violence, as a bystander.
When and Where:
Mossman Bowls Club Hall
October 17th 6.00pm start
Parents of children attending the Mossman High School M V P program, members of the public and community groups, emergency & community workers are invited and encouraged to attend this one hour session with Dr. Shannon Murdoch.
Afterwards, mingle, ask questions or even organize with Shannon a future MVP Session for your organization, workers or group.
Hosted by the Mossman Rotary Club & Mossman High School
For more information
Phone: – Roby Kessler: – 0418 750 005
Find us on Face book: ‘Rotary Club of Mossman Inc.’ or
Visit on: www.mossmanrotary.com.au/
MENTORS IN VIOLENCE PREVENTION Programs
Roby Kessler and members of the community who participated in this program last year, highly recommend this program to mentors from sporting clubs, Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade, community workers, private businesses, and any member of the community who is serious about preventing violence, with in or outside their group.
With her busy schedule at the school on Monday and Wednesday and Thursday, Dr. Shannon Murdoch has agreed to do a 2-hour early evening program on Tuesday 18th October for a minimum of 10 up to 30 participants for a cost of $400.00.
Should you and some of your group members be interested, please make your booking by contacting Roby Kessler by October 10th 2016, by phone – 0418 750 005.
Time and location to be advised.
In partnership with:
Returning Rotarian Stephen Oldham was inducted by President Evelyn on Monday 12th September.
He was warmly welcomed back to the club and we look forward to working together for our community.
Mossman Rotary is proud to be hosting Dr.Shannon Murdoch from Griffith University in October to present interactive workshops in violence prevention for the Mossman High School staff, students, sporting clubs and other community members.
Mentors in Violence Prevention is a highly interactive leadership program focused on preventing all forms of violence. The program views all participants as empowered bystanders who can confront, interrupt or prevent violence. It seeks to enlist all people in the fight against violence by equipping them with the skills to be effective bystanders.
What makes MVP unique?
- the training provides the context necessary to empower participants to be proactive bystanders
- the program is discussion-based to make training sessions dynamic and interactive.
- You Can Prevent Violence training sessions are not lectures
- it utilizes teaching materials including Playbooks which consist of realistic scenarios involving various forms of violence
- Mentors in Violence Prevention works with men and women in both mixed and single gender sessions
- the staff create a “safe space” for participants to learn from one another
Contact Roby Kessler for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mossman Rotary was represented by John Anich, Peter Merrick and Jan Stokes at the Turning of the Sod ceremony for the Mossman Aged Care Plus Centre to be constructed by The Salvation Army. Guest speakers included the Mayor of Douglas Shire Council Ms Julia Lau, the CEO of The Salvation Army Aged Care Plus Mrs Sharon Callister and the President of Mossman District Nursing Home Inc. Mrs Marjorie Norris.